The Back Story
If you have ever wondered what prompted me to start a blog or some of the things that finally got me to press the “publish” button, I would be more than happy to share. Well, the truth is, I have been putting it off for some time. I started a blog a little over a year ago, and I wrote a few posts; it got a few likes from my social media. Nonetheless, I never went back to it after that. It is still up and running; however, there hasn’t been new content in over a year. My loss of interest had much to do with my personal life and things being hectic. For the time being, the blog was officially on the back burner.
For as long as I could remember, I have always loved to read and write. I was the kid who enjoyed writing essays because, for me, it came naturally. Not to mention, it made me happy. I am better at expressing myself through writing. It allows me the opportunity to gather my thoughts and emotions to convey a message accurately. I can give a phenomenal speech, as long as I have the time to put my full thoughts in writing, first.
Why Blog Now?
1. It would be great to have the freedom to create my schedule. With that freedom, I would be more available to do some of the things that mean the most to me. Things that directly affect my walk with Christ and accomplish more for the Kingdom. Not to mention, I would have the opportunity and more time to serve others.
2. Through blogging, I will have an extra source of income, (eventually, I would like it to be one of my primary sources). You may not know this, but some bloggers are making a full-time living through blogging. With Gods help, I hope to do the same.
3. To help others with my God-given gift of writing. I hope that I can lead others to the Gospel and a healthy relationship with Christ.
4. To teach people frugal tips: so they do not go broke trying to appear “rich.” The are many ways to live frugally. When it comes to my fashion, I often call myself the “clearance queen.” After implementing some of my tried and true tips, you will be excited to share with everyone how much you are saving. As you may have noticed, I have a special place in my heart for fashion! However, did you know? You can still achieve a well put together look on a slim budget. Some would say “ballin on a budget” – I like the sound of that 🙂 You would be surprised to learn how many great deals are out there. We’re not only talking about clothes either. I’ll share soon enough. Until then, check out Ebates. (use my link to sign up, and you will get a $10 WELCOME BONUS after you make your first purchase.) Ebates is an excellent service to use! You can get cash back when buying your clothes and other items ON CLEARANCE [totally my preference] that is :).
5. I have yet to find work that fulfills me. By that I mean I am looking for a career that not only pays my bills but something that has a purpose. With that said, I am working on fulfilling my purpose, achieving career goals, and building a blog at the same time. All in hopes of finding a balance between each of them – while inspiring others to live intentionally.
6. I have a strong desire to be a millennial home economist. What is that you may ask? The woman who works, cooks crazy healthy meals for herself, hubs (and/or family), works out, makes her home a peaceful sanctuary, all the while still ‘girl bossing.’ It would be such a joy to know my family feels significant and knows they are worth every ounce of my time and effort to make our life beautiful. I am well aware that clean-eating takes time and considerable effort to meal plan, count calories, nutrients, and so forth.
7. Let’s say it together, “pay off student loan debt.” Need I say more? I didn’t think so.
8. Finally, who does not like working in pajamas and blasting your favorite music while you work? 🙂
<3 Ebony <3