The Back Story
I am sure many of you would like to know my inspiration for starting a blog. Well, the truth is I have been putting it off for some time. I started a blog a little over a year ago, wrote a few posts; it got a few likes from my social media. Nonetheless, I never went back to it after that. It is still up and running; however, there hasn’t been new content in over a year. My loss of interest had much to do with my personal life. For the time being, the blog was officially on the back burner.
For as long as I could remember, I have always loved to read and write. I was the kid who enjoyed writing essays because, for me, it came naturally. Not to mention, it made me happy. I am better at expressing myself through writing. It allows me the opportunity to gather my thoughts and emotions to convey a message accurately. I can give a phenomenal speech, as long as I have the time to put my full thoughts in writing, first.
Why Blog Now?
1. I want the freedom to create my schedule. With this new freedom, I’ll be more available to do the things that mean the most to me. Things that directly affect my walk with Christ and accomplish more for the Kingdom. I’ll have the opportunity and more time to serve others.
2. Through blogging, I will have an extra source of income, (eventually, I would like it to be one of my primary sources). You may not know this, but many bloggers make a full-time living through blogging. With Gods help, I plan to do the same.
3. To help others with my God-given gift of writing. I hope that I can lead others to the Gospel and a healthy relationship with Christ. This is my special place of impact in the Kingdom.
4. To teach people frugal tips: so they don’t go broke trying to appear “rich.” The are many ways to live frugally. When it comes to my fashion, I often call myself the “clearance queen.” After implementing some of my tried and true tips, you will be excited to share with everyone how much you are saving. As you may know, I have a special place in my heart for fashion! However, did you know ?!?!?You can still look well put together on a budget. Some would say “ballin on a budget” – I like the sound of that 🙂 You’d be surprised to learn how many great deals are out there) and we’re not only talking about clothes either…we’ll get to that later. Until then, check out Ebates. (use my link to sign up, and you’ll get a $10 WELCOME BONUS after you make your first purchase.) Ebates is a great service to use! You can get cash back when buying your clothes and other items ON CLEARANCE [totally my preference] that is :).
5. I have yet to find work that fulfills me. By that I mean I am looking for a career that not only pays my bills but something that has a purpose. A standard 9-5 seems pretty like a drag when you desire to live intentionally to impact others in the world. I believe if I were to work in an industry that’s attached to my purpose, it would remedy that disdain I have often felt in other positions. With that said, I am working on fulfilling my purpose, achieving career goals, and building a blog at the same. All in hopes of finding a stable balance between them all – and inspiring others to live intentionally.
6. I have a strong desire to be a millennial homemaker. What is that you may ask? The woman who works from home, cooks crazy healthy meals for her hubs (and/or family), works out, makes her home a peaceful sanctuary, all the while still ‘girl bossing.’ I want my family to know they are significant and worth every ounce of my time and effort to make our life beautiful. With a desire for clean eating, I know it takes time, and considerable effort to meal plan, count calories, etc. Having the flexibility to choose my schedule will afford me the time to do this.
7. Let’s say it together, “pay off student loan debt.” Need I say more? I didn’t think so.
8. Finally, who doesn’t like working in pajamas and blasting your favorite music while you work? 🙂
<3 Ebony <3